Ingredients: Njavara rice, Induppu & the below mentioned 21 herbs.
21.Cheru kurunthotti veru
The unique combination of 21 herbs, spices and rice in this dish would keep the fevers at bay and have a positive effect against some of the common diseases of like arthritis, cold & cough, loss of appetite, allergies and skin ailments. (Specially recommended for monsoon as these disorders are common during the period)
This is a special diet in Ayurveda, good for the people of all age groups in all seasons.
- It is easy to digest
- It helps to increase digestive fire
- Balances the lipid level of body
- Improve proper immunity of the body
- Acts as a detoxifying agent
- This porridge helps in maintaining the balance of all three body supporting humours- Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Method of preparation: ( One portion) – Can be taken as breakfast/ Dinner.
- 1 tsp( 5 gms) of medicinal powder to boiled in 1 ltr of water and reduced to ½ ltr.
- Filter the decoction. Add 20gms of Navara rice and cook in medium flame till rice is in porridge consistency.
- Add 30ml of coconut milk.
- Add Induppu (Rock salt) as required.
Avoid adding coconut milk if suffering from Diabetes or Hypertension.
It is always better to avoid/ consume less of tamarind, Non-vegetarian food, alcohol, tobacco and refrigerated food items to maintain your health.
- Age– all above 6 yrs of age.
- Good for people of chronic illness, especially those suffering from Indigestion, sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, tonsillitis, respiratory disorders, digestive disorders, constipation and all the life style disorders.
- Recommended to include in the diet of Auto-immune disorders as this unique preparation helps in maintaining proper immune functions of the body.
- Contra-indicated for people suffering from haemorrhagic tendencies and ulcerative gastritis.