To serve 4 persons
|Pearl spot Fish (or any fresh water fish) cut into cubes for curry||500 g|
|Raw sour mango (cut pieces)||1 no|
|Coconut oil||2 tbsp|
|Shallots sliced||1 tbsp|
|Curry leaves||2 sprigs|
|Ginger sliced||1 tsp|
|Garlic sliced||1 tsp|
|Green chillies slit||2 nos|
|Melam Alappuzha Meen Curry masala||½ - 1 tbsp|
|Water||1 cup (150 ml)|
|Thick coconut milk||1 cup (150 ml)|
• Heat 1 tbsp oil in a thick sauce pan.
• Add the shallots and sauté until golden brown.
• Add curry leaves, ginger, garlic and green chillies.
• Sauté for a minute and add Melam Alappuzha Meen curry masala. Sauté for a while.
• Add the water and bring the mixture to boil.
• Add the fish pieces, raw mango slices and salt and reduce the flame.
• Cook until the fish is done.
• Add coconut milk.
• Switch off and drizzle the reserved coconut oil over the curry and keep covered until use.
• Serve hot with steamed Kerala rice.