To serve 4 persons
|Chicken Curry cut||1 kg|
|Ginger Garlic paste||2 tbsp|
|Melam Turmeric powder||½ tsp|
|Curry leaves||3 sprigs|
|Shallots sliced||50 gm|
|Melam Kozhi Peralan masala||2-3 tbsp|
|Thick coconut milk||1 cup (150 ml)|
|Coconut oil||60 ml|
|Mustard seeds||1 tsp|
|Onion sliced||100 g|
• Clean the chicken. Marinate with ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt, vinegar, curry leaves and shallots.
• Mix the Melam Kozhi Peralan masala with enough water to make into a paste.
• Add this paste and coconut milk to the marinated chicken.
• Cook till chicken is half done.
• Remove the chicken and reserve the gravy.
• Heat oil in a kadai, let mustard to splutter and sauté onions till it start to turn brown.
• Add the half done chicken and fry till slightly brown.
• Add reserved gravy and cook till chicken is fully cooked and gravy turns creamy and thick.
• Serve hot with parathas or rice.