To serve 4 persons
|Pearl spot or thick slices of any fish||500g|
|Ginger chopped||½ tbsp|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
|Coconut oil||70 ml|
|Tamarind pulp ||3 tsp|
|Melam Meen Pollichathu Masala||3-4 tsp|
|Thick coconut milk||2 tbsp|
|Marination for fish:|
|Turmeric powder||½ tsp|
|Pepper powder||1 tsp|
• Marinate the fish with lemon, turmeric, pepper and salt.
• Leave it aside for 10 minutes.
• Shallow fry to half done.
• Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves, ginger and sliced shallots one by one. Saute till brown.
• Add Melam Meen Pollichathu Masala, tamarind pulp, salt and cook until raw flavour goes off.
• Add coconut milk and adjust the salt.
• On a banana leaf, keep some cooked pollicha masala and place the half fried fish on top of the masala.
• Then add the remaining cooked pollicha masala on top of the fish.
• Fold the banana leaf and grill it on a tawa.