To serve 4 persons
|Melam Meen Vattichathu Masala ||2-2½ tbsp|
|Oil ||1 tbsp|
|Fenugreek seeds ||½ tbsp|
|Shallots ||12 nos|
|Ginger juliennes ||½ tbsp|
|Garlic ||8 cloves|
|Kodampuli / Kokum||10 g|
• Wash kodampuli and soak in 200 ml water and keep aside.
• Heat the oil in a kadai and add fenugreek seeds.
• When it turns brown in colour, add curry leaves, garlic, ginger and shallots and sauté well.
• When shallots turn into brown colour add the Melam Meen Vattichathu Masala, sauté for 1 minute and add soaked kodampuli (along with the water), salt to taste and allow it to boil.
• Add fish and cook the dish in low fire for 10 mins.
• Remove from the heat and keep it for some time and serve.
• Tastes better if this dish is made in earthen ware pot and kept overnight.