To serve 4 persons
|Ingredients ||Quantity |
|Purple Brinjal (small) ||250 g|
|Melam Ennai Kathirikkai Kuzhambu Masala ||3 - 4 tbsp|
|Gingelly oil ||½ cup|
|Mustard ||½ tsp|
|Fenugreek ||¼ tsp|
|Red chilli (whole) ||3 nos|
|Curry leaves ||10 g|
|Shallots ||15 nos|
|Garlic cloves ||12 nos|
|Tomato ||2 nos|
|Salt ||To taste|
|Tamarind pulp ||3 tbsp|
|Water ||2 cups (1 cup is 150 ml)|
• Slit rounded ends in the brinjal like a cross.
• Heat oil in a pan, fry brinjal until colour changes.
• Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
• Add mustard, fenugreek, red chilli and curry leaves.
• When they start to splutter, add shallots and garlic.
• Sauté until brown.
• Add Melam Ennai Kathirikkai Masala and then tomatoes.
• Add salt to taste.
• Cook until tomatoes are soft.
• Add tamarind pulp and water.
• Cook well and add fried brinjal.
• Cook until oil ooze out.
• Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.