To serve 4 persons
|Ingredients ||Quantity |
|Mutton (Boneless) ||250 g|
|Onion Chopped ||250 g|
|Garlic peeled ||3 Cloves|
|Green Chilli ||3 nos|
|Gingelly oil ||30 ml|
|Ginger Garlic paste ||1 tbsp|
|Melam Madurai Mutton Kola Urundai Masala ||3 - 4 tbsp|
|Egg ||½ |
|Refined oil ||Sufficient quantity for frying|
|Salt ||To taste|
|Optional ||Roasted Channa Dal 10g|
• Pressure cook the mutton and keep it aside.
• Grate the coconut and sauté it in a pan till it turns into light brown.
• Allow it to cool, grind it and keep aside.
• Grind the cooked mutton without adding any water to it and keep aside.
• Heat 1 tbsp of gingelly oil in pan, add peeled garlic, green chilli, chopped onion, ginger garlic paste and sauté for a while till the raw flavour goes off.
• Allow it to cool and grind it into paste and keep it aside.
• Heat 1 tbsp of gingelly oil and add Melam Madurai Mutton Kola Urundai masala and sauté for while.
• Now add the pastes of grinned coconut, mutton, onion and mix well.
• Add ½ egg and salt to taste and mix all the ingredients together till they combine together.
• Make even size balls and deep fry them in oil on medium flame. Note:
• In case a more dry mixture is desired, coarse grind roasted channa dal to the grounded mutton and mix well.