To serve 4 persons
|Toor Dal ||250g|
|Shallots sliced||10 nos|
|Fenugreek seeds||½ tsp|
|Mustard seeds||½ tsp|
|Curry leaves few|
|Chopped Tomatoes||3 nos|
|Melam Tamil Nadu Sambar Masala||3 - 4 tbsp|
|Tamarind||1 lemon size made into pulp|
|Coriander leaves||For garnishing|
• Boil Toor dal and keep aside.
• Heat the oil in a kadai, add fenugreek seed and mustard seeds.
• Allow them to pop and add curry leaves, shallots and sauté well.
• When the shallots change colour add tomatoes and sauté.
• Add the vegetables and Melam Tamil Nadu Sambar Masala, water and bring the vegetables to boil.
• Add salt to taste.
• When the vegetables are half cooked add the boiled Toor dal and tamarind pulp.
• Allow it to simmer.
• When the vegetables are fully cooked remove from the heat and serve hot.
• Garnish with coriander leaves.